There are a few things – tools if you like – that helps you keep track of everything in your project and it gives visibility to the rest ofthe organization.
The Product Backlog is a prioritized list of Items that the organization would like to have.
In its simplest form the Product Backlog is row of yellow stickers in a orderly sequence on a whiteboard. Every yellowe sticker has:
- An unique ID or number
- A name (that makes sense)
- A description – preferable as some kind of an “User Story”
- A Business Value assigned by the Product Owner
- An estimate of the size and scale of the assignment – assigned by the Team.
- The Sprint Backlog is a list of Product Backlog Items broken down in work assignments.
- In its simplest form it is a row of yellow stickers on a whiteboard – every yellow sticker has:
- An ID or number
- A Product Backlog ID that shows where this work assignment belongs.
- Status: waiting, in progress, impeded, done
The best way to implement this is as task board:
It can be extended with more details – like unexpected tasks that comes into the Sprint these could be represented by red stickers on the task board.
Sprint burn down chart
You can also use a burn down chart to show propulsion: