On an ALL-Certified Scrum Master (ALLSM) course we educate people in two days so that they can begin to implement Scrum in their organization. It is only a start, but the newly hatched Scrum Masters can assume the role with integrity and credibility. Our courses have inspiration, contemplation and exercises that get participants to reflect and and see new paths. There has been emphasis on working with the Team, how can we help them achieve their full potential? How do we remove the restraints that holds them back?
Scrum is a small management revolution, a work methodology that helps organizations to get the most out of their efforts – as well in projects as in their everyday work. A team working by the Scrum principles becomes like a cruise misile that respond optimally to changes, challenges and newly discovered knowledge.
Steve Denning of Forbes Magazine is quoted to have said that Scrum is ‘a major management discovery’. Scrum makes it possible to create solutions even though we find ourselves in complex situations. This is achieved by introducing boundaries such as working in iterations, clear and distinct roles with a precise responsibility, regular meetings and total clarity and transparency in the process. The Scrum Master’s responsibility is to see to that the process is followed, obstacles are removed and optimization is introduced.
This hands-on, interactive two-day course will teach you how to assume the responsibility of Scrum Master with confidence. The theoretical material is taught using new, creative and practical exercises throughout the course. Participants will attain a new perspective and approach to project management, estimation, improving visibility and much more. The course also offers a thorough survey of the advantages the Scrum method compared to traditional project management in projects, where one has to deal with uncertainties.
- Overview and details of the Scrum method
- The historical and theoretical foundation for Scrum
- How to be an effective Scrum Master leading the process
- How to work with the backlogs and burn-down charts to improve visibility
- How to coach the Team and the Product Owner in the Scrum way
- How to start the organization on the path of “constant improvement”
- Agile planning, estimation and retrospectives
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant has a two-year membership of the Agile Lean Leadership Network, where additional Scrum, Agile and LEan material and information is available. Attendees will be required to take an on-line multiple choice test after the training course to get the certificate. Attendees will receive training materials and electronic copies of presentations, videos, and materials produced during the course.
Who should attend? Team members, project managers or anyone interested in improving quality of work, Agile practices and leading teams. No prior knowledge of Scrum or Agile methods is required although some prior reading is recommended. We will send information and reading material to all participants in advance.
Agenda Day 1
- Introduction, warming up
- An exercise in constant improvement
- Complexity – friend or foe?
- A Scrum story, “The Big Picture”
- An exercise in building a Backlog
- Heartbeat retrospectives
- Scrum roles and responsibilities
- Planning and estimation
- An exercise in estimation
Agenda Day 2
- Reflection and warming up
- Another kind of exercise using business value
- Scrum in a historical perspective
- Scrum meetings
- Working in sprints + an exercise
- Artifacts, visibility and tools
- The Scrum Master and the organization
- Scaling of Scrum, off-shoring, pitfalls
- Kanban and Lean, differences and similarities
- The last exercise: create a product
- Summing up
The courses starts at 09:00 and ends at approximately 17:00 each day.
The instructor is Kurt Nielsen, his specialties are managing and coaching people, projects and companies. He is a Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Professional and Scrum Trainer, he teaches Scrum, Agile Practices, System Design, automatic test and leadership in general. His goal is to provide honest answers and solutions to honest questions (borrowed from Francis Schaeffer). Kurt has managed software companies and been project manager and Scrum Master. He is an efficient presenter, teacher and coach and does not leave his students unchanged. He combines commercial, technical and human resource views on organization and solutions to derive maximum business value from projects.
Get a PDF invitation here…
Prices and Conditions for Courses
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership one-day course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, USD 800, NOK/SEK 6,500 or DKK 4,800 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 720, USD 900, NOK/SEK 7,200 or DKK 5,400.*
- Each public Agile Lean Leadership two-day Course (ALLSM or ALLPO) is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 1,230, USD 1,500, NOK/SEK 12,300 or DKK 9,000 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the price is EUR 1,350, USD 1,650, NOK/SEK 13,500 or DKK 10,000.
- All Prices are excluding Danish VAT.
- Courses include meals, course materials, certificate of participation, access to online resources and free participation in follow-up events for two years.
- Participants can choose to sit an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, USD 190, NOK/SEK 1.600 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before the start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until one month before the start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between one month and two weeks before the course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last two weeks before the course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, USD 65, NOK/SEK 550 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If you are interested please contact us for further information, via email here… or find the right contact person here…
*Except for the Agile Lean Leadership Executive Course which is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 825, USD 1000, NOK/SEK 8,300 or DKK 6,100 when registering more than a month before the course date, after that the prices are: EUR 920, USD 1,100, NOK/SEK 9,300 or DKK 6,800.*